Introducing ChatGPT: How to Use?
ChatGPT is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) chatbot developed by OpenAI and released in November 2022. The name “ChatGPT” combines “Chat”, referring to its chatbot functionality, and “GPT”, which stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformer, a type of large language model (LLM).
It is built upon OpenAI’s foundational GPT models, specifically GPT-3.5 and GPT-4, and has been fine-tuned (an approach to transfer learning) for conversational applications using a combination of supervised and reinforcement learning techniques.
- ChatGPT is a natural language processing tool driven by AI technology.
- It allows us to have human-like conversations and much more with the chatbot.
- The language model can answer questions and assist us with tasks, such as composing emails, essays, code etc.
- It was created by OpenAI, an AI and research company. The company launched ChatGPT on November 30, 2022.
- We can access ChatGPT simply by visiting chat.openai.com and creating an OpenAI account.
- It is similar to the automated chat services found on customer service websites, as people can ask it questions or request clarification to ChatGPT’s replies.
- It works through its Generative Pre-trained Transformer.
- It uses specialized algorithms to find patterns within data sequences.
- It uses the GPT-3 language model, a neural network machine learning model and the third generation of Generative Pre-trained Transformer.
- The transformer pulls from a significant amount of data to formulate a response.
[Video Courtesy: How It Happened Youtube Channel]